STEPN is a Web3 lifestyle app (App) launched by FindSatoshi Lab Limited (Company). Users of the App can accumulate tokens by walking, jogging, or running outdoors.
You must be at least 18 years old, or the age of legal majority in your jurisdiction of residence, to access the App and the Services. As a user you should abide by all safety precautions, including resting, hydrating and modifying as needed.
The App and the Services are offered only for your personal, non-commercial use. When interacting with the App or the Services, you should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and health. You agree that the Company is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, injury, or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of interacting with the App or the Services.
By using the App or the Services you represent and warrant that:
- 1.you are not a current resident of the United States of America, China (Mainland), Cuba, Crimea and Sevastopol, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria, North Korea, Antigua and Barbuda, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, India or Canada (Ontario); and
- 2.your access to and use of the App and Services is lawful in your country of residence in the manner in which you access and use them.
Access to the App is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the App is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of the App.
We may from time to time change the rate at which users accumulate tokens using the App. We may reverse benefits allocated to you if we reasonably consider the circumstances justify a reversal, for example if they are allocated to you by mistake or if you accumulated them by misusing the App or the Services or in a way that is fraudulent, dishonest or otherwise unacceptable.
You are responsible for ensuring your security of access to any digital wallet used by you in connection with the App or the Services.
We make no representation and give no warranty that tokens accumulated through the App or the Services will have any particular value or any monetary value at all. You are liable for any loss or diminution value of tokens.
THE COMPANY OFFERS HEALTH AND FITNESS INFORMATION AND IS DESIGNED FOR EDUCATIONAL AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR GENERAL PRACTITIONER BEFORE BEGINNING A NEW FITNESS PROGRAM USING THE APP OR THE SERVICES. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THIS INFORMATION AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT WITH A PHYSICIAN, GENERAL PRACTITIONER OR OTHER HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL OR HEALTH RELATED ADVICE FROM YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF YOUR QUEST TO ACCUMULATE TOKENS ON THE MOVE USING THE APP OR THE SERVICES. THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE APP AND THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS NOT MEDICAL OR HEALTHCARE ADVICE.
The Company may offer certain products and Services for purchase through the Apple App Store, Google Play or other external services as authorised by the Company (each an External Service, and any purchases made being an External Service Purchase).
When making a purchase on the Service, you may have the option to pay through an External Service, such as your Apple ID or Google Play account (External Service Account) and your External Service Account will be charged for the purchase in accordance with the terms disclosed to you at the time of purchase and the general terms applicable to your External Service Account and as stated by the External Service. You may be charged a sales tax, depending on where you live, which may change from time to time.
If your External Service Purchase includes an automatically renewing subscription, your External Service Account will continue to be periodically charged for the subscription on a monthly basis until you cancel your subscription. You will be automatically charged at the price and time period you agreed to when first making the purchase.
If you do not want to renew your subscription, or if you want amend or cancel your subscription, you must log into your External Service Account and follow the instructions to manage or cancel your subscription. This applies even if you have deleted your account with us or if you have deleted the App from your device.
If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made with the Company or your External Service Account, the Company may terminate your subscription immediately in its sole discretion. All purchases are final and non-refundable, except if laws applicable in your jurisdiction provide for refunds.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO THE APP’S OR SERVICES’ ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
In becoming a user of the App and the Services, you represent and warrant that all of the following statements are true:
- 1.no physician or general practitioner has ever informed you that you have a heart condition or that you should only do physical activities recommended by a physician or general practitioner;
- 2.you have never felt chest pain when engaging in physical activity;
- 3.you have not experienced chest pain when not engaged in physical activity at any time within the past month;
- 4.you have never lost your balance because of dizziness and you have never lost consciousness;
- 5.you do not have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity;
- 6.your physician or general practitioner is not currently prescribing medication for your blood pressure or heart condition;
- 7.you do not have a history of high blood pressure, and no one in your immediate family has a history of high blood pressure or heart problems; and
- 8.you do not know of any other reason you should not exercise.
You must not misuse this App or the Services. This means that you must not (among other things):
- 1.commit or encourage a criminal offence;
- 2.transmit or distribute a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb or any other material which is malicious, technologically harmful, in breach of confidence or in any way offensive or obscene;
- 3.hack into any aspect of the App or the Services, corrupt data, or cause annoyance to other users;
- 4.infringe upon the rights of any other person's proprietary rights;
- 5.send any unsolicited advertising or promotional material, commonly referred to as “spam”;
- 6.attempt to affect the performance or functionality of any computer facilities of or accessed through this App or the Services;
- 7.use an emulator or similar third party software to cheat in accumulating benefits or gain an advantage;
- 8.make false, inaccurate, misleading or deceptive representations;
- 9.engage in fraudulent conduct or abuse, misuse or attempt to abuse or misuse the App or the Services;
- 10.submit any content that contravenes any laws;
- 11.infringe on the rights of any person who has a copyright, patent, trademark or any other form of intellectual property right, confidentiality or privacy;
- 12.contravene any applicable state, federal or international law or regulation;
- 13.engage in defamatory or libellous conduct towards any other person;
- 14.threaten or harass any other person;
- 15.publish or engage in obscene material that in the Company’s sole discretion, is in any way inappropriate or unsuitable for the platform;
- 16.publish or participate in publishing any malicious code, script or data that may causes harm, damage or interfere or modify the App or the Services without the express prior written consent from the Company; or
- 17.engage in conduct deemed contrary to the spirit of the App or the Services as determined by the Company in its sole discretion.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this App or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Linked Sites.
We are not liable for any loss of tokens or assets incurred as a result of the suspension or cancellation of your access to the App and the Services.
The intellectual property rights in all software and content (including images) made available to you on or through the App or the Services remain the property of the Company or its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by the Company and its licensors. You may store, print and display the content supplied solely for your own personal use. You are not permitted to publish, manipulate, distribute or otherwise reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on the App or through the Services nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. You must not use the Company’s trade marks (including names and logos) in any circumstances (including by linking on websites or social media) without the Company’s prior written consent.
You grant to the Company a non-exclusive, irrevocable, global licence (including the right to sublicense to third parties) to exercise the intellectual property rights in any content you submit through the App or the Services for any purpose.
In the end of each session after users long press the stop button, the Machine Learning Anti-Cheating System (System) will evaluate if users have exploited the STEPN move2earn mechanics. The System will add or deduct users’ Turing Score in the end of each session, user cannot start a new session before the System completes the analysis.
A user starts with a 100/100 Turing Score (TS). When a user’s Turing Score is below 100, the user cannot interact with the NFT marketplace, or transfer between spending and wallet accounts. If a user is moving outdoor without cheating, the Turing Score will gradually return to 100/100.
The following table outlines how the System works and you accept the Turing Score and token consequences that apply in these circumstances. The following table does not limit our rights to otherwise take action in connection with your misuse of the App or the Services.
No earning, reduce TS
No earning, reduce TS
No earning, reduce TS
Move with multiple mobiles with STEPN activated at the same time
No earning, reduce TS
Make animals carry phones with STEPN activated
No earning, reduce TS
Run with a group of friends all with STEPN activated
Earning, increase TS
Carry two mobiles but only one with STEPN activated
Earning, increase TS
* Moonwalking is not part of the System’s scrutiny, as the feedback from Moonwalking is instant, whereas the System only displays the result after the end of each session.
** If the reset token earning is GST, a portion of the GST will go to the Schadenfreude Pool. If the reset token earning is GMT, it will be refunded back to the total GMT release of the day.
- 1.Subject to clause 13.4, any non-excludable consumer guarantees and other consumer protection provisions set out in the Australian Consumer Law or equivalent consumer protection law, the material displayed on the App or through the Services is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
- 2.Subject to clause 13.4, to the fullest extent permitted by law the Company hereby expressly excludes all warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and is not liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, non-value or diminution in the value of tokens, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of the App, the Services or the Linked Sites and any materials posted on those apps or sites, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise.
- 3.This does not affect the Company's liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- 4.If the Australian Consumer Law or any other legislation provides that there is a guarantee in respect of goods or services supplied, and the Company’s liability for failure to comply with that guarantee may not be excluded but may be limited, clauses 13.1 and 13.2 do not apply to that liability and instead the Company’s liability for such failure is limited to:
- 1.in the case of a supply of goods, the Company replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods or repairing the goods; or
- 2.in the case of a supply of services, the Company supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The STEPN website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. You must not create hyperlinks using any of the Company’s logos.
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and content, services and/or locations featured in the App are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with the Company and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trade marks/names featured on the App are owned by the respective trade mark owners. Where a trade mark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to the Company.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you are liable for and must indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all liability, loss, damages, costs or third party claims (including, but not limited to, legal fees on an indemnity basis), however caused, in connection with:
- 1.your use of the App or the Services;
- 2.any user content submitted by you or on your behalf;
- 4.any alleged or actual infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights or other right in connection with your use of the App or the Services; or
- 5.any unlawful or negligent act of you or anyone acting on your behalf.
The Company retains the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services or any part of the App.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.